October 1, 2009

Wooden Floor


Nothing beats a solid wooden floor in terms of beauty, style and feel. Carpets are fine but can look very grubby rather quickly, are expensive and need replacing after a certain period of time.

In my last home I had beautiful hardwood floors and in my current home solid oak floors have been installed and the old carpet consigned to the skip! I truly love it although if you are in a cold area you might want to consider having underfloor heating as well as your wooden floor.

The initial expense is worth it and the value it adds to a home could be more than 10% if completed properly.

Oh, well - on with the rest of the house! 

Do you like it?

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I grew up in an older home that had dark hard wood floors in every room. The fun we had running and sliding into things (Ooops!) was immeasurable. When house hunting hard wood floors are always a plus for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roschelle,
    Thank you for your comment!
    I know just what you mean as I grew up with wooden floors and exotic old rugs.
    Lucinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting blog! I enjoyed reading your blog very much! I know of a great website which speaks of floor warming systems. They will help you determine which product is right for your specific application. Send them your room layout and they will design and quote a system especially for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flooring since we sell it. But, out of all the floors out there solid wood feels the best to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your ideas with me. Thank you.